What is Fixed Website Design?
There are several choices to make while you’re developing a web design for your company. Many questions arise in your mind regarding content quality, e-commerce, images, etc.. However, a common question that comes to mind is if the site should have a fluid or fixed layout? Each option has its pros and cons. However, the ultimate decision is dependent on usability. You can visit websites of some companies that are well known to provide superior site design in Brisbane. With all the confusion, it is necessary to take the perfect decision. By considering a few facets, you can finally have a successful design that will reap all benefits.
In this type of Design layout, the width of the entire page is set to a particular numerical value. It’s a professional approach in which designer should define the width of the page irrespective of the size of their browser window. Some popular examples of these sites like CNN, Yahoo etc.. No matter what screen resolution the visitor gets, they will observe the same width as other visitors. Designers using a print background often prefer them, as it remains consistent across browsers.
The web design agency victoria is all about once the width of your website is measured and designed by a particular pixel width. As its name describes, this layout is fixed and is set into an abysmal width; this is true regardless of the user’s resolution, screen size and browser used. With the fixed design, it means that the web browser won’t be able to change the formatted text of this design as they see fit. This is the most popular and common option for website design. With this design, the width of the content is comprised and stays fixed no matter what. This option is also known as the wrapper and container. This is the perfect design for those sites with a great deal of pictures, pictures, and images. This is beneficial because the pictures will always stay the same and will not leave the page appearing cluttered and messy.
This type of design will make sure that the webpage stays the same width regardless of which screen you see the website on. This is a better option for pictures, as a lot of text can annoy the users especially if their screens are smaller than the one the site was initially designed on. This will result in the annoying task of scrolling from left to right so to keep on reading the text. This annoyance is frequently the biggest grievance against fixed website layout.
Advantages of Fixed Website Design:
- You can set the width so to make it ideal for optimum readability. The major readable content area is closely controlled without needing to set a minimum and a maximum width.
- Fixed width layouts are sometimes easier to style and design.
- The clean web design toronto text will remain easy to read no matter which browser you are on.
- If you use the fixed design, the graphic elements are integrated into fixed width design; this will not overpower the text.
- Fixed design brings uniformity to your website.
- You are able to better control the images and other elements of your pages because they are static on the page.
- You will know what to expect concerning font size, images, and design.
- Guarantees an easy to read line-length.
- This layout can have images that can be placed in relation to the other elements (such as images) and type sizes.
- The designer has complete control over how the page would look.
- Allows for predictable default printing behavior.
- Pages are designed to look the same, no matter what browser or operating system you use.
Disadvantages of Fixed Website Design:
- If you view a dynamic webdesign calgary website on a bigger screen, you will have some dead space if the display is bigger than the site design.
- If the screen is too small and the website layout is too big, you will end up scrolling from left to right in order to continue reading the information available.
- Text may look too narrow on quite major computer screens.
- The narrow width of the website design can limit the number of columns and content.
- Font sizes are fixed so they are not flexible and resizing them is impossible and not an option.